Monday, August 20, 2012

Joshua Stafford--Family History is Never All Done, Part 6


I put the following wish list on my facebook wall on December 1, 2011.  

Dear Santa,
For Christmas this year I would like a photograph of my great great grandfather Joshua Stafford, to figure out who the parents of Richard Snow
who lived in Woburn in the 1640s are, to find the maiden name of his wife Avis, and to find the parents of William King who died in 1870 in Solsberry Indiana. If this is too much for the elves, any one of these gifts would be fine. Thanks Santa!
Love,
Linda

On Christmas day, Mom and Dad came to lunch at my house.  They told me that they had recently been going through some old photos that were in the basement and discovered a photo of Joshua Stafford.  Neither of them had read my facebook wish, but still got me the Christmas present I wanted.

Writing on back of photo says "Annie Condie's Father & Wife in Aug at Kent Jan 1913."  This must be Joshua Stafford and his second wife, Elizabeth Spencer.  Joshua died in September 1913.
Writing on back of photo says "Annie Condie's Brother Wife & Friend at Kent."  This could be John Henry Stafford (b. 1869) and his wife Catherine Judge.  They were living in Leeds in 1911.  Or it could be Thomas Stafford (b. 1876) and his wife Sarah Broadley.  I haven't found them in the 1911 census and there is a Thomas of the right age who died in 1910, so he may have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment